Wednesday, March 28, 2012

opi nyc ballet soft shades collection

I'm so happy to be sharing swatches for the OPI Soft Shades collection inspired by the NYC Ballet, a whole collection of jelly polishes (my favorite)! Here goes:

 left to right: Don't Touch My Tutu!, My Pointe Exactly, Pirouette My Whistle, You Callin' Me A Lyre?, Barre My Soul, Care to Danse?

Don't Touch My Tutu! was the one shade coming out of the box I wasn't super excited to see on and it actually turned out to be my favorite from the whole bunch. It's a soft, white jelly that reminds me of fluffy clouds. It'd be so perfect under glitter polish or of course, on it's own (great for when you don't want your nails to look lovely, but not compete with your outfit).

My Pointe Exactly is a blue-toned grey that I'm afraid doesn't get near enough credit from my photo. It's beautiful and changes slightly depending on the lighting- which I love.

Pirouette My Whistle is the glitter polish from this collection. In the above photo it's layered over My Pointe Exactly. It's a very fine, light silver glitter with white hexagon glitter flecks. This is a great glitter for layering because it's sheer enough that it doesn't cover your base color too much. 

You Callin' Me A Lyre? is a a peachy pink. It packs a little more color than OPI's Bubble Bath which is great since I'm weary of those almost-white pinks.

Here's Piroutte My Whistle over the ends of my nails with You Callin' Me A Lyre? as a base. I really can't imagine this glitter looking bad paired with any shade, it's so gorgeous and versatile.

Barre My Soul is a light white-based beige. I'm crazy about nude polishes but since I'm so fair-skinned I have a lot of trouble finding ones light enough for me and this one was surprisingly, the perfect thing. All this time I've been looking for a opaque nude when a jelly one is just the ticket!

Lastly, Care To Danse? is a very, very pale lilac. It looks a little more purple-based in the bottle and pink on your nails but it's totally distinct from the pink polish in this collection, You Callin' Me A Lyre?

This whole collection is truly gorgeous, any of the shades will pair fabulously with gold or silver glitter and the jelly finish and soft shades are perfect for Spring.

Have you picked up any of them yet?

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, you have me sold! I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to purchase a bottle (or two.. or three.. or all!) but your swatches and reviews have made it clear that I need to pick these up. Thanks lady! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these pastel shades - SO pretty! And I just wanted to say, I absolutely LOVE your Etsy shop...such funky & gorgeous pieces :) I'm kind of being stalkerish by finding your blog, but that's kind of what bloggers do sometimes, right? Kidding! But really, love your shop :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete